Friday, September 23, 2005


Life is good. The National Hockey League is back and fantasy hockey drafts are in full swing. This morning, I received a call about the fact that my favorite team, the Pittsburgh Penguins, are going to be playing a preseason game less than 15 miles away against the Washington Capitals. I now have tickets just one row from the ice, right by a goal....just as I like it. I don't want to be center ice. I'm not some puck whore that has to be by the bench so I can press my tits against the plexiglass and try to pick up players. No, I'm there to watch the goaltenders. When you get right down to it, the action that counts happens in the crease. You can do all of the fancy skate and stick work you want out in the other zones, but the goaltender makes or breaks the game.
Now, before anyone starts getting evil in the comments area...don't get me wrong, the "D" is important, too. A goalie can't do it alone. And, yes, I do realize that it is a team effort. But, this is my blog and I favor the goaltending.
So, I'm looking forward to this game. It is going to be interesting to see who is on the ice. Mario has said that he plans on playing more preseason games. I would like to see this new kid wonder, Crosby....and to see Thibault in goal would be divine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

powered by Blogger | designed by Traffic Goddess 2006

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com