Saturday, October 01, 2005


"History of Violence"

I went to see this film, tonight, and I am still hovering in the afterglow of seeing Viggo Mortensen as I never have before. I have decided that he is about as close to the Perfect Man as you can get. That being said, I have to admit that I found this film disquieting in that it portrayed violence and the effect on the persons touched by it in a way that was brutally honest. I liked how the director did not see the need to spoonfeed his audience pieces of the plot and that you were permitted to arrive at your own conclusions. While some people might find this annoying because it leaves some pieces of the plot left adrift, I found that it left room for introspection and discussion...two things that films should imprint upon you before you leave the theater.
I'm not going to ruin it by writing about what exactly happens because figuring that out is part of the enjoyment. Suffice it to say that this is a film that should not be missed and one that shows Viggo in the prime of his career as an actor.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

So you've got the hots for some loser named Viggo?!! What the fuck kinda name is Viggo?!!

BTW, I went to see the Dukes of Hazzard movie tonight. An equally moving piece of cinematic art, in this Dyckerson's opinion.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Traffic Goddess said...

What kind of name is Viggo? Heh, one I'd like to scream in ecstasy!

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

powered by Blogger | designed by Traffic Goddess 2006

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com