Friday, February 24, 2006

Asshole or Nice Guy?

This morning, I caught the end of an interview of Shani Davis on the Today show. There was a brief reference to some statement that Shani had released that referred to the general public as being prejudiced. The reason for this was because such notice had been made of Shani's lack of visible excitement after winning a gold medal. I thought I had heard something about people likening Shani to the fabled "sullen black man". I wanted to make sure of this, so I went on a search to find this statement by Shani Davis...more on that in a moment.

I watched the race that Shani Davis won. Go ahead and call me a geek, but I was cheering like crazy. I was so excited that a young man that grew up in poor circumstances with a single mother had made it so far. I was able to identify with Shani because of that. The fact that he had become the first black athlete to win an individual gold medal at the Winter Olympics was just icing on the cake. I was dumbfounded when I watched his interview following the race. Like it or not, he did act like some sullen, pissed off, rotten attitude asshole...no matter what color his skin. I wondered at the time (and still do) if Shani suffers from Asperger's syndrome.

So...I went on a search for Shani's statement. I found a site that claims to be officially Shani's. Imagine my shock when I found an announcement that starts with this:


U.S. Speedskating and Chad Hedrick need to be exposed for their satanic plot.



WHAT THE FUCK? Is this shit for real? When I thought it couldn't get any more outrageous, I find this at the end:
Hey, guys, there's a new game in the U.S.!! Destroy the Black Athlete


Hmm...I vote for asshole.

2 Comments:

Blogger J. said...

No, you ARE an asshole. That is why you make crazy stuff like this up and post it to the Internet.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Traffic Goddess said...

Hmmm...someone a little skeered? Can't handle the fucking truth? Did you bother looking at the link, fuckwit?

Next time, don't be such a fucking coward and sign in with a name that can be linked...pussy.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

powered by Blogger | designed by Traffic Goddess 2006

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com