Thursday, March 09, 2006

Springing into a New Look

After getting a heaping helping of abuse from IT2M, I redesigned my blog. I still have some tweaking to do and I would appreciate any feedback about what you like and what you think really sucks. Writing code for a blog was a completely different thing than it is for my forum and I'm actually pretty shocked that I was able to get this far.

Speaking of "new looks", I watched FX's "Black/White", last night. For those of you that are not familiar with the show, it is about one white family and one black family that switch races through the miracles of make-up and special effects. It was amazing to see how this was done. I can't imagine how freaky it would be to look in the mirror and see myself as a black person. I admit that the idea is intriguing and it's something that I would love to have the opportunity to do. During the show, I found myself frequently cringing when the white husband and wife would say or do things that were obviously stereotypical and insulting. There was a particular scene where the black husband is in his "white person" make-up and was working as a bartender in a "white" bar/area that made me very uncomfortable and embarassed for my race. A white patron was telling the pseudo-white guy that the neighborhood was the "last bastion for white people in LA" and that because it was only whites, it would be "safe" to raise children.

I would have LOVED to have seen that guy's face when he found out. I hope that they show reactions like that, later in the show. "Black/White" is on FX at 10pm EST on Wednesday nights. It is definitely worth a look!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

Lovely new blog. Would you like me to DYCK you???

5:38 PM  
Blogger Traffic Goddess said...

HAHAHA, very funny

8:46 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I'm using Firefox 1.5, and there is a skinny column on the left that shows everything, and a wide column to the right that repeats your posts, starting with the wolf one. Good luck.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Trouble said...

I can really sympathize with your blogger coding difficulties, blogger is a pain in the arse.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

TG, are you dead?

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

powered by Blogger | designed by Traffic Goddess 2006

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com